Herts Mark 200 Club
The Province of Hertfordshire Mark Masons is proposing to open a Herts Mark 200 Club. This is an excellent way of fund raising across the Province. With 200 Lodge members subscribing £5 per month, the ‘take’ each month would be £1,000 which would allow £500 to be paid out in prizes.
How it will work
- The purpose of the Mark 200 Club is to raise funds for the Herts Mark Provincial Benevolent Fund. Members of Mark and Royal Ark Mariner Lodges in the Province and their wives or partners are each permitted up to two entries per month at £5 each. Lodges may also take out a monthly subscription
- The prize money is 50% of the net monthly income.
- Contributions to the lottery are paid monthly in advance by Bank Standing Order.
- The draw for the lottery is not scheduled for a particular date but normally takes place towards
the end of each month at a Masonic Centre in the Province of Hertfordshire. It has become the
custom to make the draw at the Festive Board of a Lodge which is holding a regular Meeting
hence the variation in time and place.
- Prize winners are notified by post and a cheque sent to their registered address. Details of the
prize winners are sent by email to participants in the scheme and are also posted on the Provincial
website at www.hertsmark.org
- There are currently over 130 numbers entered in the draw each month and the number of
entrants is constantly increasing. Each month 50% of the money collected is split into three major
and three lesser prizes. An equal amount is allocated to the Herts Mark Provincial Benevolent
Fund. This is a wonderful way of raising funds for charitable purposes and new subscribing
members are always welcome.
- Responsibility for administering the Mark 200 Club rests with the Provincial Grand Charity
Steward W Bro David Horne and the Assistant Provincial Grand Charity Steward W Bro Dennis
- Remember Brethren, you have to be in it to win it.The 200 Club has been in existence since
April 2018 and during that time the Grand Total raised for the Provincial Benevolent Fund,
including monies donated back is over £14,000. The odds on winning a prize are very good while
at the same time all participants are supporting a very worthwhile cause. Will you join them ?
- A Form for those wishing to participate in the monthly draw may be downloaded by clicking on
the following link. (please click here) This should be completed and returned to Dennis Brown at
25 Elm Avenue, Watford WD19 4BD. He will record receipt of the form, allocate it a number, take
a copy and send the original form to the bank named on the mandate.
W Bro David Horne, P.G.Std.B.
Provincial Grand Charity Steward
10th August 2022